The Beauty Of The Bernina Express
Bernina Express is one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world. First of all, On the Rauma Line from Dombas to Andalsnes (Norway), you can enjoy views of the high peaks. Furthermore, you can see mountain slopes and plateaus as you pass Rauma River. Additionally, you can also see Europes highest rock face Trollveggen and the gorgeous Kylling bridge.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Where the Bernina Express Train journey begins – Italy
On the Cinque Terre between Levanto and La Spezia (Italy), you pass by picture-perfect villages, olive groves, vineyards, and the unforgettable turquoise Ligurian Sea. The Central Rhine Railway between Bingen and Koblenz (Germany) is like something out of a fairytale with ancient castles above the waters.
Perhaps the most beautiful and enchanting scenic rail ride in Europe is the Bernina Express. Of all the scenic Swiss train rides, Bernina is the most beautiful. This train ride offers panoramic views from Chur & St Moritz in eastern Switzerland south to Tirano in the north of Italy. This train ride takes approximately 4 hours as you cover 90 miles from of the ice of Switzerland to the sun of Italy. This journey entails 55 tunnels and over 196 bridges. The railway was is over 120 years old and is a UNESCO world heritage site. The Bernina Express shares a line with the Glacier Express and covers the entire Landwasser Viaduct. Close to Pontresina, the train ascends to the Bernina Pass, then the Morteratsch Glacier. The trains highest point is at Ospizio Bernina which sits over 7000 feet above sea level.
On the other side of this mountain, the train passes by masses of trees before stopping at the picturesque village of Poschiavo. The train then proceeds towards the epic Brusio Spiral Viaduct. Almost all photos on this journey take place there.
Here are some key information if you are thinking of taking the Bernina Express train;
- If you are traveling in winter, the northbound route mostly travels when it is dark, so you will miss a lot of the beautiful scenery.
- Additionally, the Second class is very good on this train with all the same services as first class, so there is no need to pay extra money unless you want slightly less crowded seating.
- On the southbound train, you want to be seated on the right-hand side of the train. Since the Switzerland scenery can be viewed from this side. and on the northbound train, you want to sit on the left-hand side.
- The large panoramic windows do not open. There are small openings next to the train doors. You can take your photos from them (without there being a reflection).
Book Tickets For Bernina Express
Are you planning a trip on the Bernina Express? Why not take 3 minutes and find cheaper train tickets on www.saveatrain.com . Fill in the date and time that you would like to travel, and we will provide you with the best price for your journey, that can be paid for in multiple ways including Paypal and Bitcoin.
Do you want to embed our blog post on your site, then click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/beautiful-bernina-express/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/ja_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /ja to /it or /tr and more languages.
10 Scenic Villages In Europe
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers