10 Charming Castles In France By Train
Do you like traveling by train? Do you like seeing amazing castles in countries like France? If that’s the case, then you have reached the right place. That’s because this article “10 Charming Castles In France By Train” will give you a definitive list of the ten most charming castles in France. What’s more, we’ll tell you how to reach them by train!
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Chateau de Chenonceau
Chateau de Chenonceau is a unique one as they built it on the foundations of a mill in the 16th century. You can easily reach it via a train as the castle is very close to a station. You can get to it from Tours, a major city reasonably close to the castle.
2. Chateau de Chantilly
3. Palace of Fontainebleau
Yes, it’s technically a palace, but who cares, it’s breathtaking! They built Fontainebleau back in the 12th century, and it still looks impressive and well kept. It’s also easy to visit. You can reach it from Paris in less than an hour with Transilien line R.
4. Chateau de Breteuil
You can find this gorgeous castle within the national natural park that’s right outside of Paris. However, visiting this beautiful castle by train is a bit tricky as there is only a shuttle that goes directly to it. At least you can still enjoy a train ride to Paris!
5. Chambord Castle
Chambord Castle is a truly mesmerizing and imposing castle that’s worth visiting. To get to it, you’ll need a taxi or shuttle from the town of Blois. However, reaching Blois is accessible from many cities in France. You can get to it in less than an hour and a half when traveling from Paris.
6. Chateau d’Amboise
The castle of Amboise is among the most charming castles in France. It’s a real jewel of architecture from the Renaissance. You can reach the Chateau easily by train from several cities in France via a TGV or Intercity trains.
7. The Famous Castle Chateau de Monte-Cristo
We highly recommend this cute, small castle as the famous Alexandre Dumas built it! You can reach the Chateau de Monte-Cristo easily with a local train line as it’s right in Paris! With that in mind, you can take any train if you’re coming from some other place.
8. The Amazing Castle Chateau d’Azay-le-Rideau
It is a genuinely magnificent small castle built right on an island within a small lake! It can’t get any prettier than this. You can get to the castle easily by taking half an hour train ride from the city of Tours. Then you’ll only need to make a 20-minute walk to the castle.
9. Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg
It might not be among the most charming castles in France, but we had to include it. The castle is rich in history, and it’s truly breathtaking, not only in its charming way! The closest train station to the castle is in Selestat, and you can reach it from Strasbourg or several other cities nearby.
10. Chateau de Pierrefonds
The Chateau de Pierrefonds is undoubtedly the most deserving of being on a list about the most charming castles in France. You can only reach the castle by taking a train to Compiegne, then taking a bus to Pierrefonds.
If you need more info on train travel 10 Charming Castles In France By Train, you can contact us through our site.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/charming-castles-france/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/it_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /it to /de or /es and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Best Fall Vacations In Europe
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe