The Best Places For Harry Potter Weekend In London
(Last Updated On: 13/08/2021)
Harry Potter films were the most successful film series of all time. Many of the scenes from the Harry Potter films were shot within London itself. Whether you are a die-hard fan of the Harry Potter movie or book series, London is undoubtedly the best place to visit for an authentic Harry Potter experience. Want to know what 5 Places to visit for your Harry Potter Weekend in London? Save A Train has compiled this list to make your wizarding adventure an easier and more exciting one!
- Rail transport is the most environmentally friendly way to travel. This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Harry Potter Weekend: Warner Bros Studios Tour London
This is the ultimate experience in our books! See first hand the sets, costumes, and props used in all the Harry Potter films! Step inside some of the locations of the film including; The Great Hall, Dumbledore office, and Hagrid hut.
Where to find this? head on over to the Warner Bros. Studios Tour London. The Making of Harry Potter is a public attraction in Leavesden in southeastern England. Not to be confused with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter of Universal Studios theme parks. It is a permanent exhibit offering an authentic behind the scenes glimpse of the Harry Potter films. Have a magical day out with a behind the scenes tour of the Harry Potter films at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
2. Harry Potter Weekend: Grab Some Merch At Platform 9 3/4
Kings Cross Station is, of course, the departure point for students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, of which its most famous student, Harry Potter, attends. The Hogwarts Express departs from Platform 9 ¾.
Within Kings Cross Station, the major train station in London for trains to Edinburgh and Scotland, a tourist attraction has been established, with a luggage trolley half embedded in the wall, where you can re-enact your own Harry Potter moment.
To save congestion with queues of people, this is now to be found in the main hall area of Kings Cross station, not between platforms 9 and 10 as you might think.
Between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm you can pay to have a professional photographer and an assistant help you get the best possible photo, complete with a Harry Potter scarf and/ or wand. You can still take your own photo here for free.
If you can only visit during peak periods and have money to spare, you may wish to consider purchasing a VIP Photo Pass lanyard. This includes a platform 9 ¾ lanyard, your photograph, and queue jump, all for £20.
The station is now home to a Harry Potter shop named Platform 9 3/4 where you will find all of your wizarding wares. You can even buy a personalized Hogwarts letter here for £15 or even a personalized Hogwarts trunk for £65!
3. Stay: The Wizard Chamber At The Georgian House Hotel
Each room features stained glass windows, stone walls, and four poster beds, while wood burning stoves, cauldrons, and tapestries complete the enchanting picture at this London hotel. It is guaranteed to make you feel magical.
4. Harry Potter Weekend: Have A Drink At The Cauldron
What is a Harry Potter Weekend in London without attempting a Cauldron? This Magical Cocktail Experience is a 1 hr 45 min immersive class in London. Don your robes, grab your wands, and get ready for your most spirited Potions class yet, with this Immersive Magical Cocktail Experience for Two at The Cauldron, London.
At your interactive workstation, you will get to test out your magic wand by pouring a welcome drink. You will then use special molecular mixology skills to brew your delicious elixirs, each of which will have different traits and effects. Get ready to mix up some magic at London’s most enchanting cocktail experience!
What Is Included?
- 1 hour 45 minute immersive magical cocktail experience for two at The Cauldron, London
- Working magic wands and robes provided
- Create three drinks using molecular mixology
- Alcohol-free, gluten, and vegan options are all available
- Experience gift pack including personalized voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
5. See Sights From The Books And Movies On A Muggle Walking Tour
The 2.5 hour Muggle Walking Tour covers many of the London landmarks mentioned in the books, including Number 12 Grimmauld Place and the Ministry of Magic. You will also visit streets and alleys that were the inspiration for many of the series locations such as; Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. However, we love how this tour is not just knowledgeable. It also provides insight into some of the historical sites you will pass along the way.
Feeling inspired to create your own magical you around London? Use our list of 5 Places to visit for your Harry Potter Weekend in London, now. Book your ticket in minutes with the help of Save A Train!
Do you want to embed our blog post “5 Places To Visit For Your Harry Potter Weekend In London” onto your site? You can either take our photos and text and give us credit with a link to this blog post. Or click here: https://iframely.com/embed/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saveatrain.com%2Fblog%2Fharry-potter-weekend-london%2F%3Flang%3Den– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/zh-CN_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /zh-CN to /fr or /de and more languages.