Longest Train Journeys In The World
Longest train journeys in the world are very long! These journeys can take a number of days and cover thousands of miles.
So, here are the journeys that take the longest in Europe, Asia, Australia, and the US.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1: Trans-Siberian Express is the longest train journey
Distance: 5,722 miles
Duration: 6 days +
The longest rail journey in the world starts in Moscow and finishes in Vladivostok. First of all, it takes over 6 days to complete. Passengers on this European journey go through multiple time zones. Landscapes on this journey include the Ural Mountains and Lake Baikal. Trains for this journey depart every 48 hours.
2: Eastern & Oriental Express
Distance: 1,200 miles
Duration: 3+ days
This journey travels through Southeast Asia from Bangkok to Singapore. The train stops at River Kwai and Kuala Kangsar. Duration of the journey is either 3 or 4 days. Additionally, journeys usually take places on weekends. Furthermore, the accommodation is private and nicely decorated. Because the accommodation is compact it is best suited for solo travelers.
3: The Canadian longest train
Distance: 2,700 miles
Duration: 3 days
First of all, there is no WIFI on this transcontinental journey. So, be prepared to spend time looking at the scenery. Because the mountains, forests and other Canadian landscape you will see is breathtaking. The journey starts in Vancouver and ends in Toronto. Enjoy the comfortable sleeper cars, whilst you get glimpses of moose, deer and even bears.
4: California Zephyr longest train
Distance: 2,348 miles
Duration: 51 hours
This journey is most noteworthy as it is the longest in the US. The journey covers the pioneers, the Rockies, and canyons. The key stops on this journey are Denver, Salt Lake City, Reno, and Sacramento.
5: Indian Pacific: Sydney to Perth (Australia)
Distance: 2,704 miles
Duration: 65 hours
This longest train journey features the longest stretch of straight railway track in the world. Firstly, Passengers get to experience the width of Australia. Additionally, scenery includes waterfalls, forests and blue mountains. Because of its length, there are many key stops on this route. The stops include Broken Hill, Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Kalgoorlie, Cook, and Rawlinna. Train Tickets for this journey are expensive with prices starting at over $600.
6. Vivek Express: Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari (India)
Distance: 2,633 miles
Duration: 82 hours
Similarly to the Indian Pacific, this train is the longest train journey in India. Because it travels the entire length of India and has an average speed of 32 KM per hour. In contrast to other long train journeys tickets for this train start at $10.
7: Paris-Moscow longest train Express
Distance: 1,998 miles
Duration: 48 hours
While this train is the longest trans-European route it only takes 2 days to complete. The train leaves from the French capital and arrives at Russian capital. Because this journey travels through Belarus you will need a Belarus visa to travel. Additionally, you need a visa to enter Russia.
Book your longest train journey with Save a Train
Booking a long train journey should not take a long time. That is why at Save a Train we have a quick ticket purchasing process.
Login to our website now and take 3 minutes to find the Cheapest Train Ticket for your journey. Tickets can be purchased using credit cards and real-time banking payments and many more options on Save A Train website.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/longest-train-journeys-world/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/ja_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /ja to /ru or /tr and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers