Modern Art Galleries In Europe And Where To Find Them
Lovers of modern art have many places to visit in Europe. With such a wealth of choice, perhaps the most challenging part is choosing a destination. However, if you’re looking to visit Europe’s prime hotspots for artistic exploration, why not plan your trip around it? With some well-planned train rides, you could visit all of our top picks of modern art galleries in Europe:
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Tate Modern Art Gallery, London, England
Tate Modern Art gallery in London is one of the most popular contemporary modern art galleries in Europe. It isn’t the only one to visit in the city which boasts over 1,000 galleries. However, it is the one that is most popular with tourists. Tate Modern was initially part of the Tate Gallery which founded in 1897. Over time, Tate began expanding and in 2000 was divided into four different galleries. Out of those four, Tate Modern is the one with most visits, and it houses more than just artwork. If you wish to experience London’s art scene for yourself, you can easily reach the city by train from most major European cities.
The National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, Rome, Italy
Called La Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea in Italian, this art gallery in Rome has everything you need. And it recently got a fresh new look, so that the art may stand out even more at the exhibitions. This gallery is unique in its way of presentation. It focuses more on themes, colors and form than the similarity of eras and styles. That allows every visitor to experience art in a new, unique way, ensuring that the visit will be memorable. Rome is a great city to visit by train. There are some scenic routes you can take along the way to experience more of Italy.
Kunsthalle Zurich, Switzerland
Switzerland’s contemporary and modern art scene is sprawling and vibrant, with numerous galleries keeping it alive. The one that is often recommended for a visit is the Kunsthalle Zurich. It has temporary exhibits that never fail to intrigue the visitor. These frequent changes help the Kunsthalle reinvent its identity every time. You can reach Zurich by train from Munich, Vienna, as well as other European cities you visit on your modern art hunt.
Pompidou, Paris, France
No tour of modern art galleries in Europe is complete without visiting Paris, France. However, instead of the Louvre, we recommend heading to the Pompidou. There you’ll find a unique architectural structure with all of its escalators, plumbing, and steel frame visible on the exterior. But the experience doesn’t end there, as The Pompidou has over 50,000 works in its collection. It’s one of the most significant collections of modern and contemporary art which is certainly worth a visit. Get to Paris by train from London, Amsterdam, Brussels and other cities in Europe.
Contemporary art galleries in Europe are certainly a sight to see. The best part about planning an art-oriented trip is that all these cities are easily reached by train. If you’re ready to go, Book Your Train Tickets now and enjoy the ride!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/modern-art-galleries-europe/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/fr_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /fr to /nl or /de and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers
- 10 Best Fall Vacations In Europe
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide