Most Bike Friendly Cities In Europe And How To Get There
If you long to see some of Europe’s must-visit destinations, a few of the most bike friendly cities will surely make your list. These cities are great to explore by bike, making them ideal for traveling on a budget. And you can get there by train. Here are the ten most bike friendly cities in Europe:
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Bike-Friendly Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam has consistently been among the most bike friendly cities in Europe. It has separated cycle tracks instead of lanes, allowing you to go everywhere car-free. You can easily reach it by train from Paris, Brussels, Copenhagen and other major European destinations.
2. Bike-Friendly Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen invested over €134 million into developing its cycling network over the years. That contributed to making their cycle path network impressive and launched Copenhagen to be among the greenest European destinations.
3. Bike-Friendly Berlin, Germany
Berlin has labored to become one of the most bike friendly cities in Europe for a while. They finally made it, thanks to an elaborate campaign of the cycling community. As one of the hubs of European train traffic, Berlin is quite easy to get to.
4. Utrecht, Netherlands
5. Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp is Belgium’s most bike friendly city, with a developed network of cycling paths. With large projects aimed at improving it further, Antwerp will surely stay among the top cycling destinations in Europe.
6. Vienna, Austria
Vienna boasts implementing Europe’s first cargo bike rental system. Among other initiatives that the city generously sponsored to make Vienna more bike-friendly is building the 1300-km of cycle paths network.
7. Basel, Switzerland
Basel’s known for a few things, and being bike-friendly is one of them. In any weather or season, you can see the residents of Basel using their bicycles to navigate around easily. You can reach Basel from Amsterdam by train directly.
8. Munster, Germany
Among Germany’s most bike friendly cities, Munster keeps a consistently good ranking. The city is working hard to ensure the cyclists are happy with its cycling infrastructure and safety.
9. Verona, Italy
Italian cities usually are not among the most bike friendly cities in Europe, but Verona stands quite well. It’s a great city to explore by bicycle, and the train ride from Rome to Verona only adds to the beauty of your journey.
10. Munich, Germany
Munich has a clear plan to build a vast bicycle network zone and improve the cycling infrastructure. The ultimate goal is to reach 30% modal share for bikes. If you want to try out getting around Munich on a bike, you could travel there by train from Berlin, Vienna, and Zurich, among other cities.
Are you ready to pay a visit to some of Europe’s best destination using only your bicycle and train? Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime, and book your train tickets early!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/most-bike-friendly-cities/ – (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/pl_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /pl to /de or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe