The Best Ski Resorts To Visit By Train
There’s no better feeling than falling asleep on a gently moving train and waking the next morning at your destination, mere minutes from the slopes. In Europe, we are spoil for choice when looking for the Best Ski resorts to visit by train. It’s not just overnight journeys that are good options for skiers, however. There are an array of resorts you can reach from by daytime rail travel with journeys that, door-to-door, are about as fast as flying.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Here are our pick of some of the Best Ski resorts to visit by train:
Ski resorts to visit by train 1 – WENGEN, Switzerland
At the base of the striking Jungfrau mountain range is Wengen, a gorgeous alpine village in the Bernese Oberland. Step into what feels like the past when staying in the village. This is the perfect place to bring the kids with its family-friendly feel and low-key nightlife. Not into skiing? No problem! Non-ski activities include “flight-seeing” by helicopter, heli-skiing, as well as 20km of winter walking trails, eight curling rinks, and miles of toboggan runs.
Three resorts, Grindelwald, Wengen, and Murren, are covered by the Jungfrau regional lift pass. It’s a winter dream come true!
By train: While you can travel by ski train from London St. Pancras to Wengen there are a number of changes. If you’re traveling with your family, we recommend getting a flight to Bern or Zurich. From there, take a direct train connection via Bern to Interlaken Ost and onwards to Lauterbrunnen. The last bit of the journey is reachable only by rail from Lauterbrunnen and takes just 15 minutes.
Ski resorts to visit by train 2 – Soll, Austria
How can we mention skiing without including Austria? The SkiWelt region, in particular, is breathtaking! The village of Soll boasts 284km of ski runs dotted with 77 rustic Alpine huts and apres bars. Enjoy a drink with views over the Wilder Kaiser mountain range after a night ski. Yes, you read that right. Enjoy some of the longest floodlit toboggan runs in Europe at Hexenritt and Mond too!
Depart London St Pancras on the 15:04 Eurostar to Brussels, arriving 18:05; take the 18:25 ICE from Brussels to Cologne, arriving 20:15; then take the 21:21 NightJet sleeper train to Worgl, arriving 08:36; from there it’s about 20 minutes by bus or taxi.
Total journey time: 16 hours 22 minutes.
Our last train idea – Sauze d’Oulx, Italy
If you are experienced at skiing, then Best Ski resorts to visit by train will be the Sauze d’Oulx area. When the snow falls the powder fields between the trees really come into their own. The atmosphere in the village is fun and welcoming and the charm of the old cobbled streets really adds a beautiful touch to the adventure.
How to get there
Views of the vast expanse of Lac du Bourget, one of France’s largest lakes.
Have you already packed your bag? Good! because that’s the hardest part of the journey sorted out. Booking your train will take mere minutes, without admin fees! What a pleasure! Visit Save A Train now and book your holiday of a lifetime.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us a credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/ski-resorts-visit-train/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/it_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /it to /de or /fr and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers
- 10 Best Fall Vacations In Europe