The First Train Trip Ever Made In Italy
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
The First Train Trip Ever Made in Italy – The Beginning
The first train trip ever made in Italy introduced railways was when Italy was a divided country. It took some years to link and connect the existing railway lines after Italy united. The first train line that Italy built was the Naples–Portici line which was in the then Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. The line was 7.25 kilometers long. The line inaugurated on 3rd October in 1839. This was 9 years after the first “modern” inner-city line was built which was the Liverpool and Manchester Railway.
The initial track was a double track and it ran from the current site of Corso Garibaldi in Naples to the Royal Palace at Portici. The Royal Palace was at the foot of the famous Mount Vesuvius. People first made the train trip to Italy here, and this line now forms part of the Naples-Salerno railway line.
The Naples-Salerno railway line is a major railway line in the Italian rail network today and has a place in The First Train Trip Ever Made in Italy. It forms a link in the main trunk line to Southern Italy. The line’s first kilometer is the first railway line. People now use the train to one of the most well-known destinations, a famous coastal town called Amalfi in the region of Campania. It is a spectacular coastal town. It’s safe to say that the train journey to get there along the coastline is much the same. Think crystal waters, white sand and lush greenery in and amongst some beautiful old and new architecture. You will be on your way to imagining your train trip from Naples to Salerno, where you will then catch the bus or your other organized means of transport into Amalfi.
So what happened to the Naples-Portici line? The Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Naples Federico II is the main user of this line due to its easy access to Mount Vesuvius. The first train trip route in Italy still exists today.
The first railway lines in Italy paved the way for the future of train travel in the country. Some of the most beautiful train journeys are here. Looking back on the first train trip ever made in Italy, we can be sure that although a lot has changed. The scenery has remained just as captivating then as it is now.
So now that you learned about The First Train Trip Ever Made in Italy, are you thinking of Booking A Train Ticket for a European train trip? Why not take 3 minutes on our site to find the cheapest tickets for your routes. Login to our site now to Book Trains.
Do you want to embed our blog post on your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/the-first-train-trip-ever-made-in-italy/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed.
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages, in this link you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml – inside you have our links with /en/ but you can change it to /fr/ or /de/ or /it/ and more languages
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Days Switzerland Travel Itinerary
- 10 Tips To Save Money While Traveling
- Best Canal And River Boat Holidays In Europe
- Tips For Traveling By Train With Kids In Europe
- 5 Best National Holidays In Europe To Experience
- Best Wineries In Europe And How To Get There
- Iconic Churches And Monasteries In Europe
- Top 5 Cities With The Best Nightlife In Europe
- Best Water Parks In Europe For A Vacation
- Best Extreme Attractions In Europe
- Business Travel by Train
- car travel tips
- Train finance
- train teens
- Train travel
- Train travel Austria
- Train travel Belgium
- Train travel Britain
- Train travel bulgaria
- Train travel Denmark
- Train travel Finland
- Train travel France
- Train travel Germany
- Train Travel Holland
- Train travel Hungary
- Train travel Italy
- Train travel Luxembourg
- Train travel Norway
- Train travel Portugal
- Train travel Scotland
- Train travel Spain
- Train travel Sweden
- Train travel Switzerland
- Train Travel The Netherlands
- train travel tips
- Train travel Turkey
- Train travel UK
- Travel Europe
- Yoga in Europe