The Most Scenic Train Trips In Switzerland In Summer
It could be said that Switzerland is most well-known for its snowy peaks and delicious chocolate, but there is so much more to the beautiful country than meets the eye. Train Trips in Switzerland are one of the best ways to enjoy the beautiful countryside. Make the most of your time spent there. The warm weather makes your journey even more enjoyable. These are some of the most scenic Train Trips in Switzerland in Summer.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
The Glacier Express between St. Moritz and Zermatt is one of the Train Trips in Switzerland
This is probably one of the best known of the Swiss scenic trains and with good reason. The train travels between St. Moritz and Zermatt via Chur, Andermatt, and Brig. It’s a full day train trip but many people opt to do it over a couple of days. They spend some time at various destinations along the way. Summer is one of the most popular times to go and there are up to four trips per day over this period. The most scenic part of this train trip is the section between Chur and St. Moritz. Here you will travel over the often-photographed Landwasser viaduct that ends in a tunnel.
The Golden Pass Line to Geneva
No Train Trips in Switzerland would be complete without a ride on the Golden Pass Line. The train goes from Lake Lucerne to Geneva or from Zurich to Geneva for those who have less time on their hands. Each journey is just as spectacular as the other. There are views of eight of Switzerland’s magnificent blue lakes, over three mountain passes and between two language regions (French and German-speaking Switzerland). Taking the whole trip requires switching trains several times but the sights are well worth it. Passengers need to reserve their seat on some of the trains and cars. Be sure to plan ahead for this trip!
Jungfraujoch Top of Europe
Although it may be Summertime in Switzerland you are bound to see those famous white peaks all year round and if snowy mountains are what you want than the Jungfraujoch station is a place you need to visit. This is the highest station in Europe and can be reached by catching a train from Kleine Scheidegg. The views from the train trips in Switzerland are something special and the journey to get there is the perfect build-up to the grand finale. This trip is definitely one to add to the list.
There are many incredible train trips to take but these are amongst the top most scenic Train Trips in Switzerland in the upcoming Summer. What better way to enjoy the sunshine and take in the wonders of this beautiful country than by train? We can’t think of a more perfect way to see Switzerland so save some money and train travel.
Booking a train ticket in for European travel? Why not take 3 minutes on our site to find the cheapest train trips in Switzerland for your train travels. Login to our site now to book trains tickets.
Do you want to embed our blog post on your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/the-most-scenic-train-trips-in-switzerland-in-summer/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/fr_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /fr to /de or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers