5 Top Tips For Brisbane By Train
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
So if you want to see Brisbane by train, here are five top tips.
Located on the North Coast line, Central Station is the city network’s main station and is situated bang in the heart of Brisbane’s central business district.
Opened back in 1889, its classic façade overlooks Anzac Square and it’s the main artery for routes serving Queensland and the rest of Australia.
If you’d like lodgings close by, Oaks Charlotte Towers Hotel is a terrific pick — it’s not prohibitively expensive and sumptuous suites overlook the city skyline.
Brisbane Metro is not yet operational — but the mass rapid transit system is fully funded, construction starts in earnest this year and it should open to the public by 2023.
It’s costing A$944 million, but benefits include reduced congestion and less pressure on Brisbane’s beleaguered buses.
Steam Train Sunday
Step inside the genteel wooden carriages and you’ll immediately be transported back to a more elegant era, as you and your family chug along past Brisbane’s most scenic places.
It’s fun for all ages, but kids and the elderly are particularly captivated by its charms.
The Workshops Rail Museum
Ipswich is situated south-west of the Brisbane metropolitan area and it’s where you’ll find the wonderful Workshops Rail Museum.
It’s an interactive and inspirational heritage experience housed in Australia’s oldest railway workshops and is packed with rare steam locomotives, huge industrial machinery, and multi-media exhibits.
When you want an educational and enjoyable excursion for all the family, look no further.
But for many adventurers who arrive by air, the best thing about it is Airtrain, the 13 kilometre commuter railway line that’s been swiftly spiriting travellers from the airport to Central Station since 2001.
After a tiring flight, Airtrain carries you to the city centre in just 20 minutes — pretty impressive.
Follow our five tips for navigating Brisbane by train and you’ll stay on track for a superb holiday.
Do you have tips for Brisbane train travel? Share them in the comments section and if you need a train Save A train.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/tips-brisbane-train/ – (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/ja_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /ja to /fr or /de and more languages.
- 5 Most Charming Old City Centers In Europe
- 10 Most Beautiful Viewpoints In Europe
- 7 Best Free Walking Tours In Europe
- 10 Most Beautiful Gardens In Europe
- 10 Travel Mistakes You Should Avoid In Europe
- How To Make A Train Adventure Even More Budget-Friendly
- 5 Most Unforgettable Nature Reserves In Europe
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe