UK Train Ride Prices Versus Europe Train Prices
Why are UK Train ride prices so high?
UK Train ride prices have risen to high. Europe is considered to have the best train journeys in the world. environmentally friendly train journeys in Europe contain beautiful scenery. Train passengers access everywhere from remote villages to major cities. In Europe, train journeys are competitively priced, saving passengers both time and money. In the United Kingdom, however, train journeys are very expensive.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Commuters in the UK
The price of commuting in the UK has increased by an average of £700 in the last 7 years according to an analysis by labor. The journey that has been most affected is the train from Birmingham to London. Commuters who use this train now have to pay Train ride prices of £10,567 for a season ticket. The increase in prices at the start of 2018 has in some cases added an extra £100 to some already expensive season tickets.
Comparing UK train prices to Europe
Passengers traveling in Germany can buy a BahnCard100, which covers all Germany for £3,795.
Passengers who travel between Manchester and Liverpool pay £3,152 and cannot use this ticket to travel anywhere else in the UK.
The United Kingdom train prices are so high, that an annual ticket to travel to London Waterloo from 20 miles outside London costs 3,248.
A study by VoucherCloud shows that passengers on UK trains pay a huge 50 pence per mile traveled. Compare this to the rest of the EU where the cost per mile is 19 pence.
Tips for saving money on UK Trains
- Walk or Cycle
Because train prices go according to different lines. It could be that there is a line that is a better price for you but doesn’t run through your local train station. In this case, you can walk or cycle 10-15 minutes to get to a station with a better price, the same is true for finding a station for your return journey.
- Divide your journey
Due to the way fair Train ride prices are currently calculated on UK trains, it can actually be cheaper to buy two or three tickets to get to your destination than buying one direct ticket. If you are traveling from Liverpool to London for example, it is cheaper for you to buy a ticket from Liverpool to Crewe and the Crewe to London, than buying a direct Liverpool-London ticket. For more information on dividing your journey check out split calculators.
3) Register with ticket retailers
When you register with a ticket retailer you can be eligible for benefits like 25% off your next journey or a free hot drink.
Save money on Trains Everywhere
Are you planning a train journey in Europe? Why not take 3 minutes and find cheaper train tickets on SaveATrain . Fill in the date and time that you would like to travel, and we will provide you with the best price for your journey, that you can pay for in multiple ways.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/uk-train-ride-prices-vs-europe/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/tr_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /tr to /de or /ru and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe
- 6 Savvy Tips To Plan A Group Trip On Budget