Cheap Train Travel From Lyon Part Dieu To Avignon Tgv
Distance from Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv is 222 Kilometer
You will save the environment by
% in terms of Carbon footprint if you travel between Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv by Trains and not by Airplane
You will save the environment by
% in terms of Carbon emissions if you travel between Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv with Trains vs Car
Departing Train Station: Lyon Part Dieu
The Train station is located at the center of Lyon
Arrival Train Station: Avignon Tgv
The Train station is located at the center of Avignon
You can order your Train ticket from Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv 3 months ahead of your departure date
Save A Train is the First and Cheapest for all Train travel needs for leisure travelers and business travelers
You can pay for your train trip to Avignon Tgv by these payment terms Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro credit cards but also with the following alternative payment methods: Paypal, Alipay, WeChat, Trustly, Ideal, Sofort and more.
Remember traveling by train is very scenic experience especially if you train travel between Lyon Part Dieu and Avignon Tgv, Enjoy.
See how your train trip from Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv will look like
More Important Information About Your Travel to Avignon Tgv
Avignon (UK: US: French: [aviɲɔ̃]; Provençal: Avinhon (Classical norm) or Avignoun (Mistralian norm) [aviˈɲun]; Latin: Avenio) is a commune in south-eastern France in the department of Vaucluse on the left bank of the Rhône river. Of the 90,194 inhabitants of the city (as of 2011), about 12,000 live in the ancient town centre enclosed by its medieval ramparts.
Between 1309 and 1377, during the Avignon Papacy, seven successive popes resided in Avignon and in 1348 Pope Clement VI bought the town from Joanna I of Naples. Papal control persisted until 1791 when, during the French Revolution, it became part of France. The town is now the capital of the Vaucluse department and one of the few French cities to have preserved its ramparts.
The historic centre, which includes the Palais des Papes, the cathedral, and the Pont d'Avignon, became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. The medieval monuments and the annual Festival d'Avignon have helped to make the town a major centre for tourism.
Additional Information About Lyon Part Dieu
Lyon or Lyons (UK: US: French: [ljɔ̃]; Arpitan: Liyon, pronounced [ʎjɔ̃]; Italian: Lione, pronounced [liˈone]) is the third-largest city and second-largest urban area of France. It is located in the country's east-central part at the confluence of the rivers Rhône and Saône, about 470 km (292 mi) south of Paris, 320 km (199 mi) north of Marseille and 56 km (35 mi) northeast of Saint-Étienne. Inhabitants of the city are called Lyonnais.
Lyon had a population of 513,275 in 2015. It is the capital of the Metropolis of Lyon and the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. The Lyon metropolitan area had a population of 2,265,375 in 2014.
Images of France trains
1 / 5
2 / 5
3 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5
We Operate Train Ticket Services In France, Italy, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland , Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Hungary
Other Train Trips From Lyon Part Dieu:
Why you should travel by train?
To travel from Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv , trains would be the best travel choice, for several reasons:
2. Speed - Traveling by train is in most cases the fastest way to get from Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv .
3. Safety - When you decide to travel, you want to know you will get safely to your destination, so why not choose the most safest way to travel, which according to the recent data, trains are the safest mode of transportation.
A. Calculate the time you need to arrive before your flight to the airport, time equals money.
B. The money it costs you to commute to the airport.
C. The amount of time you waste from when you land at your destination by air until you actually leaves the airport, which again translates, to money.
D. Traveling back to the destination city, this costs you both time and money.
* Trains always costs you less when you train travel Lyon Part Dieu to Avignon Tgv so remember to calculate everything.
5. Luggage - When you travel by train you do not need to pay for extra luggage.
6. Time - The moment you step on the train that is normally in the middle of the city, you start your travel and you can start enjoying nature, and you don't have to buckle up.
8. Sleep - On trains you can sleep while you travel, this is also correct for traveling by Bus, but then bus travel is 2.5 slower than trains
9. WIFI - This is not necessarily the most important when you travel since we prefer to tell you to enjoy your travel without your phones, but on trains, you can find WIFI onboard, so you remain connected to the internet if you choose to.
Popular Train Routes For Traveling:
These Are The Train Operators We Work With: