Flam To Myrdal, Norway: A Beautiful Summer Stop
The Flam railway line from Flam to Myrdal is said to be one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world and we can understand why. The journey only takes an hour but the scenery is truly breath-taking. Don’t miss this experience when visiting Norway. In the hour trip, the train takes passengers from the Sognefjord in Flam which is at sea level, to the Myrdal mountain station which is at 867 meters above sea level. This is one of the steepest standard-gauge railway lines in the world. The railway line took 20 years to complete. The twisting tunnels that run in and out of the mountain show off the most daring and skilled engineering that Norwegian railway history has ever seen. Flam to Myrdal, Norway: A Beautiful Summer Stop is truly a trip of a lifetime.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Riding the Flam Railway
Taking the train from Flam to Myrdal will take you through 20 tunnels, 18 of which were built by hand, and stop at several villages as it snakes its way up the Flam Valley. The train gives passengers a panoramic view but try and get a seat next to a window for the best views and these can open in Summer for an extra special experience. Myrdal station is high up on the mountain and consists of nothing but a waiting room, ticket desk, and a small cafe. You can ride the train up and down the mountain.
Flam to Myrdal in Summer
Summer is a perfect time to take the train from Flam to Myrdal. The weather is warmer and everything is green! Think rolling hills and crystal-clear running water with beautiful vegetation and flowers in full bloom. There are also hiking trails both to and from Flam and Myrdal. This means that you can catch the train up to Myrdal and then hike back down and enjoy the sunshine.
If there is one thing you must do when visiting Norway, the railway train from Flam to Myrdal is it. It is a beautiful Summer stop. The train runs all year round with up to 10 departures per day in Summer. Purchase tickets locally in Norway at any manned train station or by calling the NSB call center. They are currently not available online. Be sure to get your tickets for this train as soon as you arrive in Norway to avoid disappointment and for the experience of a lifetime!
We are offering European train tickets, just go to our Save A Train website and enjoy the ride.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/flam-to-myrdal-norway/– (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/ru_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /ru to /fr or /de and more languages.
- 10 Most Beautiful Gardens In Europe
- 10 Travel Mistakes You Should Avoid In Europe
- How To Make A Train Adventure Even More Budget-Friendly
- 5 Most Unforgettable Nature Reserves In Europe
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe