The Most Spectacular Castles in Germany
Germany is naturally a beautiful country. But when you start thinking about castles, you will love it even more. And all of that because Germany is, according to many, the castle capital of the globe.
There is a whole host of spectacular castles in Germany you need to visit. In this article, we’ll concentrate on only the most beautiful ones among them. We’ll also give you info on how you can reach them by train, to the delight of all train lovers!
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Schloss Neuschwanstein – The Most Spectacular Castle in Germany
Many know it as one of the most beautiful castles in the whole world, not just Germany. If not that, it’s certainly famous for being an inspiration for the Disney Castle. When you take a look at this fairy-tale castle, you realize why. You can certainly understand why it’s among the most spectacular castles in Germany!
Schloss Neuschwanstein is undoubtedly majestic, but how do you get there? The good thing about Germany is that most places connect via train. The closest train station to the castle is in Fussen. However, you can reach that station from Munich or any other large German cities.
Hohenzollern – The Most Magical Castle in Germany
Hohenzollern castle is not only among the most spectacular castles in Germany – it’s the most magical one. You can find it in the province of Baden-Wurttemberg, near Stuttgart. Baden-Wurttemberg province is the most underrated one in Germany, but once you see this castle, you’re bound to change your opinion!
However, getting to the castle can be problematic, albeit entirely worth it. The best way is to take a train from Stuttgart to Hechingen. Then you need to take a long hike and climb a steep hill to reach the castle. I am just kidding! You can take a shuttle bus or a taxi from Hechingen as the castle is quite close to the town.
Hohenzollern Sigmaringen – The Grandest Castle in Germany
In our humble opinion, no list of the most spectacular castles in Germany can be complete without mentioning Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. It’s the most extensive and grandest castle you’ll ever lay your eyes on! And if that weren’t enough, it’s also utterly breathtaking.
Hohenzollern Sigmaringen is also in Baden-Wurttemberg; so it’s completely baffling why people are not praising the province as the most beautiful one in Germany!
As for travelling – since you can find the castle in a town, it’s easily accessible by train. The best way is to take a train from Ulm or Stuttgart and then walk to the castle.
The castle stands alone on a small hill, and it looks truly spectacular. However, it’s not so lonely once you take into account that it’s still inhabited! Yes, the Eltz family has held the castle for 33 generations!
So there you have it, a complete list of the most spectacular castles in Germany. We hope that you’ll visit at least one of them on your next trip! If you want to know more about travelling by train to these castles, feel free to contact us at any time.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/most-spectacular-castles-germany/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/it_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /it to /fr or /pl and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe
- 6 Savvy Tips To Plan A Group Trip On Budget
- Best Tips For Traveling While Pregnant
- Covid-19 Train Travel Industry Advise On Traveling
- Exploring The Best Discoveries With College Mates
- Europe’s Must See Places Of Worship