The Most Scenic Train Trips In Europe
Taking the train is one of the best ways to experience Europe’s most scenic regions. Enjoy spectacular mountains, lakes, landscapes rivers and incredible feats of engineering – These are The Most Scenic Train Trips in Europe.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
West Highland Line Scenic Train Trips, Scotland
All aboard the Hogwarts Express! Most of the 264km journey is on a single track that gives a glimpse of the stunning moors, lochs, some of the most remote stations in Britain and – adding a dash of Harry Potter magic – the Glenfinnan viaduct used by the Hogwarts Express.
Cue clay-tile-roofed villages, tidy vineyards, and gorgeous blue water!
A list of The Most Scenic Train Trips in Europe would not be complete without the South-of-France. It is famous for its beauty, so it’s no surprise it made our list. Starting in Paris, you’re in the sunflower and lavender fields of Provence just two hours later. Make sure you pack your costume, ‘cause the French Riviera is not something you want to pass up in Summer.
Rhine Valley Scenic Train Trips, Germany
Follow the curves of the River Rhine as it makes its way from Koblenz to Mainz. It’s only a fifty-minute ride, but along the route, you’ll see castles and vineyards clinging to the river’s slopes. It really looks like something out of a fairytale!
Breakfast in Munich and dinner in Venice
3 countries, 3 x the views. Jump on a train from Munich to Venice and get to drink in 3 countries worth of spectacular views. This line runs through some of the most beautiful mountains, rivers, and alpine villages in Austria, Germany, and Italy. 3-in1 of The Most Scenic Train Trips in Europe.
If you’re looking for something that’s not as crowded and more on the wild side, then this trip is for you. Starting at sea level, the majestic fjordland quickly give way to steep cliff faces and lush meadows. Be sure to pack hiking boots, because the train stops at several destination hiking trails.
Our last for this post of Scenic Train Trips in Europe is, Boarding the Glacier express!
St. Moritz to Zermatt. 8 hours of pure scenic bliss. It’s not called the Glacier Express for nothing. Travel through a landscape so sacred to Europeans that the railway (along with the Bernina) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; it’s also home to the headwaters of the mighty Rhone and Rhine Rivers.
So now that you are done reading, are you ready to make your own scenic train trips in Europe, at Save A Train we have the best train travel tickets, at the cheapest rates, and many payment options.
Do you want to embed our blog post on your site, then click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/scenic-train-trips-europe/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/es_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /es to /de or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe
- 6 Savvy Tips To Plan A Group Trip On Budget