5 Best Day Trips From Vienna To Discover Austria
As a gorgeous, sprawling city with a lot to offer, Vienna is a popular travel destination. However, it is also a city surrounded by many other interesting locations. If you have time for a day trip from Vienna, where should you turn your attention? We have got some suggestions that will certainly make your vacation in Austria more versatile. Furthermore, you can get to see some places that you might not otherwise make time to visit. Have a look at our list of 5 Best Day Trips From Vienna To Discover Austria that you might like!
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Discover Austria – Hallstatt
Hallstatt is perfect for a day trip from Vienna because it does not take too long to explore, and it is absolutely stunning. However, if you are taking a train to Hallstatt, get going early in the morning, so you will have enough time. It is one of the longest day trips from Vienna, and good planning is essential. But, once you are there, there is plenty to enjoy. Hikes, taking pictures, or visiting the ice caves in the winter are all excellent choices.
Salzburg is easily accessible by train from Vienna, and it is one of the most engaging day trips. For instance, in Salzburg, you can explore the historic city center with its gorgeous baroque buildings. Then there is the Hobensalzburg Fortress, which will provide you with the best view of the city.
3. A Day Trip To Lainzer Wildlife Park
If you are looking to get away from the city for a day trip, you have plenty of options. One of them is the Lainzer Wildlife Park, which you can find in the Vienna Woods. Its beautiful nature with ancient oak and birch trees will make you feel like you have stepped into a fairytale.
In the past, this place was a favorite hunting haunt of many nobles. Today, you can not hunt, but you can enjoy beautiful hiking trails as well as the view from the Hubertuswarte observatory.
4. Laxenburg Castle
Just a 40 minute trip from Vienna, you can find this lake gem — Laxenburg Castle. The location was once a market town, but now it serves as a picturesque addition to Viennas charm. For instance, you can enjoy one of its many restaurants, sunlit fields and even sail out onto the lake.
5. Kreuzenstein Castle
In the vicinity of Vienna, there is a majestic medieval castle you can explore. Kreuzenstein reminds many travelers of the magical Hogwarts, because of its spires and turrets. What is more, it offers unparalleled, breathtaking views of the Vienna Woods and the Danube. Additionally, the Leobendorf village is close by, which can be a good stop for you on your day trip.
Ready to see everything Vienna has to offer when it comes to day trips? With any of our 5 Best Day Trips From Vienna To Discover Austria, your trip will be worth it. Prepare to enjoy your vacation and make sure to Book Your Train Tickets on time!
Do you want to embed our blog post “5 Best Day Trips From Vienna To Discover Austria” onto your site? you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post. Or click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/best-day-trips-from-vienna/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/de_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /de to /fr or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 5 Best Natural Hot Springs In Europe
- 5 Most Mysterious Places In Europe
- 10 Most Special Events In The Netherlands
- 5 Best Places To Eat Ice Cream In Europe
- Best Day Trips To Take From Berlin
- Top 10 Money Exchange Points In Europe
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Forests In Europe
- 10 Fairytale Castles In Italy You Must Visit
- Most Unique Things To Do In Amsterdam
- How To Become A High-Flying Travel Influencer
- Business Travel by Train
- car travel tips
- Train finance
- train teens
- Train travel
- Train travel Austria
- Train travel Belgium
- Train travel Britain
- Train travel bulgaria
- Train travel Denmark
- Train travel Finland
- Train travel France
- Train travel Germany
- Train Travel Holland
- Train travel Hungary
- Train travel Italy
- Train travel Luxembourg
- Train travel Norway
- Train travel Portugal
- Train travel Scotland
- Train travel Spain
- Train travel Sweden
- Train travel Switzerland
- Train Travel The Netherlands
- train travel tips
- Train travel Turkey
- Train travel UK
- Travel Europe
- Yoga in Europe