5 Surprising Facts You Should Know About Trains In Europe
Trains in Europe are a big thing; we love our rails, and we’ll choose them over any other type of transportation at any time. Apart from getting from point A to point B in a swift, comfortable and reliable manner, there’s so much most of you aren’t even aware of about train transportation. On that note, we’re singling out a few surprising facts about trains in Europe you haven’t been aware of up until now:
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Trains in Europe Are Environmentally Friendly
Shoutout to everyone with a consciousness who’s looking to help our Mother Nature live a bit longer: buy a train ticket instead of a plane or a bus ticket, and you’ll be doing just that. As we find out, “high-speed trains are 3x more energy efficient than regional trains”, while “even the slowest train is 20% more efficient than a car”. How awesome is that?
Traveling by Train Is How The Locals Travel
Train travel is massive in Europe, and we’ve got a feeling it won’t be changing any time soon. There are a few reasons why trains are as popular among Europeans, and all of them are 100% legit: they are super quick, cost-effective, and convenient in every way possible. Plus, Trains in Europe rides are an authentic travel experience, which is just another bonus to the whole thing!
Train Travel Can Save You Money On a Hotel Room
Wait, what? Yes, it’s true! Owing to something called “overnight Trains in Europe” travelers who spend over 10 hours on a train from point A to point B can enjoy the benefit of riding in an overnight Trains in Europe and saving money on a hotel room. There are several different types of accommodations offered within “overnight trains,” designed to fit everyone’s traveling preferences and their budget. So, we’ve got:
- Reclining seats
- Smaller sleeping compartments, couchettes
- Single or double occupant sleeping compartments
These types of offers usually vary per country and train company, but they typically include similar offers.
If you travel for a long period then Trains in Europe with Rail Pass Could Get You Discounts
Nope, you’re not dreaming – for the most part, rail passes come with bonuses which can be anything from minor gifts like boat rides and bus transports to discounts on hotels and walking tours. Sometimes, you can even get rewards offering you completely free activities including free river cruises, meals and similar.
You Can Usually Kiss Those Baggage Fees Goodbye
One of the greatest things about train travel sounds almost too good to be true. Ummm, wait for it, yeap, you’ve guessed it: most trains in Europe don’t charge baggage fees! Sure, it is due to the fact there’s no checking in when you are traveling by train, meaning – you have to carry your entire luggage with you. While some might see this as a downside to train travel, we find it impressive: at least we know we’ll be traveling light, right? Plus, there is always a baggage cart somewhere to help the passengers who are transporting a good deal of luggage, so that’s sorted out.
Next time you are having second thoughts about whether or not to travel by train – we think the answer is pretty clear… isn’t it? Go to Save-A-Train to book your destination in 3 minutes, at the cheapest rates and relieved of obnoxious booking fees!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/5-surprising-facts-you-should-know-about-trains-in-europe-fun-times/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/es_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /es to /de or /ru and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Best Fall Vacations In Europe
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe