5 Reasons To Ride Night Trains In Europe
Although European overnight sleeper trains are becoming something of an endangered species (budget airlines we are looking at you!), train lovers are still not giving up! For the enthusiastic train lovers, nothing beats hopping aboard night trains and enjoying the beauty of long distances without having to break the bank to get to their final destination.
If you’ve been planning a night train trip abroad but aren’t sure that night trains are the best option, do read the below.
NOTE: All of the reasons we’ve put together go beyond the “for starters, you won’t spend 10+ hours drooling on your shoulder as your head jiggles against the train window”.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Night Trains Are Cost-Effective
For every traveler on the budget (or those who’d rather spend more on a fine dish and sightseeing than they would on a ticket), night trains are the most budget-friendly option to opt for (especially for an extended trip). You can expect your expenses cut in half when you replace three or four nights in a hotel (even one in the cheaper category) with the same number of nights on a train, saving up about $500! If that’s not smart budgeting, we don’t know what is!
Time Efficiency in Night Trains & Comfort
The effectiveness of train travel is undeniable! European trains are fast, organized and everything you are looking for in a transportation option no matter if you are traveling to somewhere close like Italy or a further destination. Traveling by train is fantastic for everyone who’s looking to be the first in line at the tour office, their favorite museum or anywhere else they’d planned to go. Night trains give you the option to actually get some rest during night time. Then use the daytime to enjoy gorgeous sceneries through the window and during train stops.
Just like regular trains, night trains are the best traveling option for our planet. Since they produce far less CO2 per passenger than planes do, they could be the transportation of the future. So, if you are environmentally conscious, you know what way you’ll be traveling from now on.
Night Trains are great for Making Friends
If you are traveling alone, trains are giving you an opportunity to meet a lot of people from around Europe, all different from one another. Find a few similar interests to talk about, and you’ve potentially made friends for life! Plus, what’s even more important this time around (at least for the topic we’re on), you’ve found secure, reliable people to share your sleeping cabin with! Night trains are wonderful, but the downside is you can end up in the booth with a bunch of people who snore, stink (sorry!) or… just cough a lot. So, finding a group that’s great for a chat and a few nights in the same cramped compartment is fantastic!
The Scenic Appeal
Wow, we have almost forgotten to include the forever-inspiring benefit of night trains called – scenic appeal! Don’t sleep through Fjords, the Alps, and other similarly beautiful sceneries. But don’t feel obliged to stay awake as you pass Germany’s industrial heartland, either. Oh, and – take pictures, even if it’s only through the window!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/5-reasons-night-trains/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/es_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /es to /de or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe