The Best Winter Festivals In Europe
Make the most of the cold season by visiting the Best Winter Festivals in Europe. The festivals involve everything from skiing and snowboarding to music, comedy, ice sculptures, and dazzling carnival parades. Below is our top 5 roundup of what you’ll find happening across Europe in January and February.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Lets begin with Winter Festivals in Europe, and off we go to Scotland
Edinburgh Hogmanay is one of the world’s best New year Celebrations, a truly wild and wooly underwear occasion. Hogmanay is the Scottish word for New Year’s Eve and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay festival has become one of the largest New Year’s celebrations in the world. Edinburgh’s Hogmanay is a 3-day festival full of events that include a torchlight procession, live music concerts, family events, a massive street party, traditional dancing, fireworks, and even a costumed parade that ends with a cold dip in the river!
London’s Hyde Park Winter Wonderland returns to Hyde Park in 2018 with its sparkling ice rink, huge Christmas market and fun-packed rides. Make sure you take cash and arrive early to avoid missing out on amazing rides that can sell out fast! Winter Wonderland is notoriously popular, and we couldn’t list our Best Winter Festivals in Europe without mentioning it!
Lighting up the dark days and nights of Luxembourg City is Winterlights Luxembourg. Of the many activities and events on offer for all the family, the Christmas markets remain a firm favorite! You can expect handmade goods, clothes, toys, accessories and of course (our favorite) plenty of delicious food just waiting to be tasted! From the traditional “Gromperekichelchen” to more exotic flavors from far-flung destinations, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Venice during Il Carnevale is an explosion of color and fashion creativity. This makes for a beautiful contrast to the chilly white snow. Carnival (or “Carnevale”) is one of the biggest celebrations in Italy—and from Venetian masks to masquerade balls, no place does it like Venice! Like the idea of seeing the city at its most festive and colorful? Then put this on your list of Best Winter Festivals in Europe.
Our last choice for Winter Festivals in Europe is: Amsterdam
Looking for something more cultured? Then book your ticket to the open-air exhibition called Amsterdam Light Festival. The event attracts the best national and international light artists to showcase their work throughout Amsterdam center and along its famous canals. This year’s event runs from 29 November 2018 until 20 January 2019. Each year, hundreds of submissions are submitted by designers, architects, and artists from around the world.
The light art installations of the Amsterdam Light Festival water exhibition illuminate every day from 5 pm until 11 pm. The Amsterdam Light Festival is in the open air and free for everyone. Great opportunity to take impressive photos!
The best way to experience this pick of Winter Festivals in Europe is to visit the water exhibition is by boat. Canal cruise companies offer special guided cruises along the artwork. The Amsterdam Light Festival Cruise takes 75 minutes.
Do you want to visit any of these Winter Festivals in Europe? Then there’s only one way and one place to do it. SaveATrain, No Booking fees, no hassle! Book now!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us a credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/winter-festivals-europe/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/de_routes_sitemap.xml, and you can change the /de to /fr or /pl and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers