5 Most Scenic Train Journeys In Italy
Train journeys in Italy offer not only comfort but some impressive views. One of the best things about taking the train in Italy is the opportunity to look at the pretty scenery as you travel from one place to another. In some parts of Italy, there are scenic train routes that are more than just modes of transportation. These scenic trains will treat you to coastal views, dramatic mountain scenery, sparkling lakes and so much more. Here are the 5 most scenic train Journeys in Italy.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Let us open the list of 5 most scenic train journeys in Italy with – Levanto to La Spezia – Cinque Terre
Train routes that follow Italy’s dramatic coastlines are among the most enjoyable. The Cinque Terre railway serves the five Italian Riviera villages of the region in dramatic fashion. Relax behind panoramic windows and soak up beautiful mountains, the turquoise sea, bucolic vineyards, and olive groves. Take a train between Levanto and La Spezia for a brief but beautiful picturesque journey. Once you have reached your destination, you can then spend the day hiking the amazing village.
Naples to Sorrento
Travel from Naples to Sorrento and pass through the archaeological sites of Herculaneum and Pompeii. This fabulous journey provides views of Mount Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples along the way. This train ride is certainly one of the most scenic train journeys in Italy.
Rimini to Catania – along with Italy’s east coast
The best way to travel from Northern Italy to Southern Italy is down the East Coast by train. The line runs parallel to the coast for a whole six hours of incredible scenery. Start at Rimini, grab a seat facing forwards and take a picnic with you for a fabulous trip! En route to Catania, the train crosses lemon groves and lava flows, with stops at some interesting stations throughout the journey.
View this post on Instagram
Out of my window, Catania #flowerstagram #photooftheday #flowerslovers #flowerstyles_gf #loves_united_catania #flowers #vivocatania #amazing #catania #sun #autumn #autunno #sopretty #blooms #love #window #floral #nature #picoftheday #sunraylabs #flowersofinstagram #floweroftheday #flowermagic #tramonto #bloom #instablooms #torino #cataniabedda #beautiful #soleil
A post shared by E. Emancipato Photography © (@edoardo.emancipato) on
Venice to Florence – 5 most scenic train Journeys in Italy
Discover two of Italy’s famous cities with a beautiful train journey in-between. The voyage from Venice to Florence takes you along breath-taking scenery and charming towns. This journey is only two hours long but is truly an enriching experience. There is no better way to travel between the two cities.
Milan to Bolzano is our last pick for the 5 scenic train Journeys in Italy
Experience a wonderful train ride from Milan to Bolzano. Taking you from the fashion capital of the world to the jagged and dramatic rock mountains that make up the Italian Alps. See Italy’s old towns, magnificent countryside and the most beautiful and photographed mountains in Europe. Entering Bolzano is like leaving Italy and entering Germany, this small city is German in appearance because it was part of Austria before World War I. This scenic train journey is magical!
Thinking of taking a train to your favorite European city? Go to our website Saveatrain.com to check out all our exclusive fares and start planning your next adventure!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: http://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/5-most-scenic-train-journeys-in-italy-save-a-train-blog/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/es_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /es to /it or /nl and more languages.
- How To Make A Train Adventure Even More Budget-Friendly
- 5 Most Unforgettable Nature Reserves In Europe
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe