Quick Guide: Traveling By Train From Paris To Nice
Paris and Nice trains are linked by a fast and efficient train system so visiting the two provinces at once has never been easier. These two contrasting regions attract thousands of visitors each year. Nice lies at the heart of the stunning French Riviera in the south of France. Paris is the capital and largest city of France, situated on the river Seine, in northern France. It is difficult to choose between the romantic city of Paris and the coastal beauty of Nice, but with train travel, you don’t have to. To make sure you have the most spectacular trip, we have a few tips for traveling by train from Paris to Nice.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Choose The Right Train For Your Trip
Generally, all trains in France are on time, comfortable and reasonably priced. Traveling from Paris to Nice you can go directly on a fast speed train such as the TGV train or, you can the slower regional trains, with the chance to see some fabulous connecting cities. You can also take an overnight train. The TGV train runs between 8 to 10 times a day from Paris Gare du Nord station to Nice Ville station. This train will reach Nice in about five hours. The fastest bus connection will get you from Paris to Nice in twelve hours.
Consider Stopping Off At Cities On The Way To Nice
You can travel directly from Paris to Nice by train or stop off in the wonderful cities of Marseilles and Lyon instead. The choice is yours! if you have some spare time, consider visiting one, or even two, of these beautiful French cities on your way to Nice from Paris. Marseilles is a coastal city with an international vibe that offers the most beautiful scenery. The train station has luggage lockers so stopping off here for a few hours could not be more convenient.
You will also pass through Lyon on your way to Nice. This thriving and edgy city is definitely worth exploring. This city is another hub in France for art and history and is recognized for its world-class cuisine.
Allow For Some Time At The Station When You Travel From Paris To Nice By Train
You will also need some time to validate your ticket before your trip unless you bought it on Save A Train. In case you bought your tickets at the old yellow machines ‘compostage de billets’ that are usually just before you reach the platform. If you have a ticket that you bought with Save A Train, the inspector on the train itself will validate and check that that your eticket is valid on the train.
Thinking of traveling by train from Paris to Nice? Go to Save A Train online to check out all our exclusive fares and start planning your next adventure! There are plenty of discounted fares available throughout different rail networks in France. you can also keep a lookout for the latest discounts by following our Facebook and Twitter pages too.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/traveling-train-paris-nice/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/it_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /it to /de or /fr and more languages.
- How To Make A Train Adventure Even More Budget-Friendly
- 5 Most Unforgettable Nature Reserves In Europe
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe