What Are The Most Beautiful Palaces In Europe
Many cities in Europe have a beautiful palace (or two) to draw in the tourists. That’s why it’s hard to agree about what the five most beautiful palaces in Europe are. Let’s have a look at our selection of The Most Beautiful Palaces In Europe:
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Beautiful Palaces in Europe and France Chateau de Versailles
It was expanded by the famous French ruler Louis XIV, who moved both the court and government to Versailles in 1682. The chateau was the central place of power in France until the Revolution in 1789. Now it is one of the most famous tourist places in the world.
2. Windsor Castle, United Kingdom
Windsor is a working royal palace and is among the most Beautiful Palaces in Europe, the oldest and largest castle in the world that still has residents. The British Queen spends her private weekends in Windsor.
The history of Windsor Castle is almost 1000 years long. Over the centuries, it has been the home of many famous members of British royalty. The castle contains St. George’s Chapel, the burial site of ten monarchs, and State Apartments are furnished with Royal Collection treasures.
3. Grand Ducal Palace of Luxembourg
The Grand Ducal Palace of Luxembourg in Luxembourg City is the official residence of the Grand Duke. He uses it for most of his official functions, along with the Grand Duchess. The palace also contains their offices, as well as staterooms.
The building was first used as the city hall after it was built in 1572. In 1817, it became the official residence of the Governor. The Grand Ducal Palace looks resplendent in the Flemish Renaissance style and that is one of the reason it is on our list of Most Beautiful Palaces in Europe. It has one of the most beautiful facades in the city, as well as a gorgeous interior.
4. Schloss Neuschwanstein, Germany
Neuschwanstein deserves its place among the most beautiful palaces in Europe owing to its idyllic setting and breathtaking architecture. This castle looks like it came straight out of a fairy-tale. In fact, it has been used as inspiration for the castle in Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.
It’s a 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace. Art historians around the world consider it one of the symbols of Romanticism. King Ludwig II of Bavaria built Neuschwanstein as his retreat in 1837. After the King’s death in 1886, it became open to the public.
5. Beautiful Palaces in Europe and Austria – Schloss Schonbrunn
One of the most frequently visited sights and most Beautiful Palaces in Europe is in Vienna, Austria, Schonbrunn is also a World Cultural Heritage site. The palace started as a hunting lodge for Emperor Leopold I. It was built in the 17th century. Schonbrunn is one of the best works of the architect Bernhard Fischer von Erlach.
Since then, Schonbrunn has also seen use as the court of Maria Theresa, after which it became the central point and host for the affairs of the state. Built in baroque style, the palace has mostly retained its original condition. Its unique architecture makes it one of the most enchanting places to visit in Europe.
If you’re ready to plan your trip around the five most beautiful palaces in Europe, these were the places you can’t miss. All of these destinations can be reached easily via train, so book your tickets and start planning!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/beautiful-palaces-europe/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/de_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /de to /es or /it and more languages.
- How To Make A Train Adventure Even More Budget-Friendly
- 5 Most Unforgettable Nature Reserves In Europe
- 10 Tips For A Family Vacation In Europe
- 7 Most Affordable Places To Travel In Europe
- 5 Best Natural Wonders Of Europe
- 7 Best Cities For Outdoor Activities In Europe
- 10 Scenic Villages In Europe
- 5 Best Picnic Spot In Europe
- 5 Best Party Cities In Europe
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe