Where To Find Europe Most Magnificent Architecture
Looking to see some superb architecture on your next vacation? If so, there probably is no better place than Europe for you. Whether you’re interested in classical architecture styles or hoping to find some lesser-known jewels, European cities have you covered. Let’s have a look at some examples of magnificent architecture and where to see it all:
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Magnificent Architecture: Italy
Italy is full of cities and small towns where you can get lost observing beautiful buildings. Whether you’re in Rome or Florence, almost every corner is worth a picture. For tourists looking for gorgeous small towns, Vicenza is the right destination. It’s close by if you’re taking a train to or from Venice, which is also worth a visit. While Vincenza is famed for its Renaissance style architecture conceived in the mind of Andrea Palladio, Venetian architecture is often Gothic, elaborate and beautiful.
Among other Italian cities you can’t miss, Rome and Florence also stand out as favorites. Rome is mainly full of landmarks everyone should see once in their lifetime. The Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, Pantheon and di Trevi fountain are all worth the visit. On the other hand, Florence has a mixture of different styles, most notably ancient Greek and Roman architecture, Gothic and Renaissance.
Magnificent Architecture: France
France is home to a few cities with a wide variety of styles that will leave any Magnificent Architecture lover breathless. Among the prime candidates for a visit, Strasbourg, Bordeaux and Paris likely offer the most.
There’s a lot to see and do in Strasbourg, including significant examples of Gothic architecture, intertwined with modern and postmodern districts and Alsatian architecture. Bordeaux is also unique. The largest city in the Aquitaine region boasts a fabulous 18th-century urban zone, Palace de la Bourse, and Cathedral Saint Andre. Finally, Paris is famous as one of the birthplaces of Gothic architecture, but it’s also rich in various examples of Belle Epoque and Art Nouveau.
There are plenty of architectural gems to be found in Germany. However, two of the most impressive ones are Berlin and Rothenburg. Architecture usually goes hand in hand with history, and you can see this connection clearly in Berlin. The city has been divided once, and that’s clearly visible in some places. That makes it a great place to experience different elements of architecture and dive deep into historical influences of art.
On the other hand, Rothenburg is a place looking like it came straight out of a fairy-tale. This sleepy, medieval-looking town is a tourist favorite. It’s a prime example of elegant European medieval architecture with its town walls and gabled roofs.
Europe is worth traveling through, and there are many other beautiful places that you should strive to visit. Magnificent architecture is abundant in England, Belgium, Austria, Sweden, and the Netherlands as well.
If you’re ready to book your train tickets for the architecture sight-seeing expedition of your dreams, look up your destinations with Save a Train.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/magnificent-architecture/– (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/de_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /de to /fr or /it and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 10 Tips Staying In Shape While Traveling
- Top 6 Sleeper Trains In Europe For Travel
- The Ultimate Europe Train Trip For Beginners
- The Ultimate Guide To Tipping In Europe
- 6 Savvy Tips To Plan A Group Trip On Budget
- Best Tips For Traveling While Pregnant
- Covid-19 Train Travel Industry Advise On Traveling
- Exploring The Best Discoveries With College Mates
- Europe’s Must See Places Of Worship
- Benefits Of Solar Powered Railroad Crossing Signals And Road Signs