Things To Do On Long Train Journeys
A train ride forces us to pause, gaze out the window and appreciate the luxury of taking our time. Travelling is exciting but can sometimes take up all our energy, a long train voyage is a chance to switch off and unwind. Make the most out of your trip – here are our top things to do on long train journeys to guarantee every traveler a relaxing and enjoyable ride.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
Listen to music while taking a long train Journeys
Put on your headphones and slow down while listening to your favorite music. There is no better way to enjoy the picturesque scenery. Relax and watch the beautiful landscape rush past as you listen to your favorite artists.
Learn a new language
Why not develop a new skill on your voyage? If you are traveling to a country that speaks a different language, a long train journey offers the opportunity to pick up a few words and phrases.
It is good to know the basics of any language when visiting a foreign country. Luckily, there are many apps and podcasts you can download that offer courses including the popular Spanish, German, Italian, and English languages.
Reading is great for relaxing and is always a pleasant way to pass the time. Long working hours and busy lives can mean less time for reading, so a long train journey represents an opportunity to jump into your book or eBook. If you are feeling lazy and want somebody to do the reading for you, an audio-book a great alternative.
Whether there is WIFI available or not, it is a good idea to download any show or movie you plan to watch before your trip. Catch up on your much-loved on-screen stories and before you know it, you’ll be at your destination.
Visit the canteen
It is easy to feel tired and sluggish during a long train journey. After sitting on a train for hours, it is important to stretch your legs when possible. A short walk to the canteen will help you to use the time and to feel recharged. Walk through the carriages to the canteen, look at the landscape and enjoy some dessert with a beverage of your choice
Meet new people on long train Journeys
Traveling by train can be a social experience. Meeting new people on trains is easier than other modes of transport. Unlike a plane, you have the freedom to move around and engage with other travelers. It is fascinating what you can learn from other people and their stories – talk about life, work and grow your network. Ask the person next to you about the book their reading, offer them a sweet or simply strike up a conversation about the destination they’re traveling to. It is passing conversations you have while traveling Europe by train that creates lasting memories.
Prepare for your next long train Journeys
The long train journeys are sometimes the only periods of calm during your trip. It can be a fantastic chance for you to refuel and prepare for your chosen destination. Drink plenty of water, eat some food and if possible, sleep. Using your long train journey wisely will help you to feel refreshed and energized – ready for your next destination.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, then click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/things-long-train-journeys/ – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/es_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /es to /it or /nl and more languages.
Search hotels and more...
- 7 Off The Beaten Path Destinations In Europe
- 7 Best Bachelor And Bachelorette Trips In Europe
- 10 Best City Breaks In Europe
- 7 Best Cities In Europe To Visit For Senior Travelers
- 10 Best Fall Vacations In Europe
- 7 Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Europe
- The Future Of Travel
- Top 5 Busiest Train Stations In Europe
- How To Find Left Luggage Locations In Italy
- Europe Train Route Maps Guide