Great Places in Europe To Visit in March
It’s not too late to plan an escape in March, ahead of the Easter rush. With the kids being on holiday, now’s the time to find the opportunity to visit quaint little islands with a loved one, embark upon the first great family adventure of the year, immerse yourself in some of the world’s most magical cities or attend one of the many European festivals in March. There are plenty of Great places in Europe To Visit in March.
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, the cheapest train tickets website in the world.
As mentioned, March is also the beginning of the festival season in Europe, so there are tons of opportunities to make merry with locals, be it at a citrus-inspired carnival in southern France, or at The London Coffee Festival.
Ready to discover Great places in Europe To Visit in March? Read on!
Great places in Europe to Visit in March: London
As they say, ‘a bad day in London is still better than a good day anywhere else’ so of course, London had to be on our list of Great places in Europe To Visit in March.
March is a great month to visit the Kensington Palace Gardens, Kew Gardens or any of London’s other top gardens, as seas of crocuses and daffodils bloom across the capital.
If you are considering visiting many top attractions, then we recommend getting yourself a tourist discount card or a bus tour combo ticket. These tickets and bundles could save you some serious money!
The London Coffee Festival
We’re big fans of coffee. We’ve even written about amazing coffee shops here before. So, here is another to write about as part of our Great places in Europe To Visit in March – the London coffee festival in March!
The 2019 UK Coffee Week Runs from 30-31 March 2019. The nations tops baristas and coffee connoisseurs come together on Brick Lane to celebrate coffee. There will be more than 250 artisan coffee and gourmet food stalls, tastings and demonstrations, interactive workshops, street food, coffee-based cocktails, live music, DJs, art exhibitions and so much more.
Want to know more and get tickets? Head over here: https://www.londoncoffeefestival.com
Other Annual March events in London
- Join in the annual St David’s Day celebrations in London with Welsh parties, food festivals, and rugby. 1 Mar
- Tuck into a delicious stack of pancakes or crepes on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) in London, or catch all the pancake-flipping action at a pancake race. 5 Mar
- Treat your mum to a day out in London on Mother’s Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including afternoon teas, river cruises, shopping, and musicals. 31 Mar
- Sample new beers, attend brewery tours and mingle with other cider, beer, ale and lager fans at London Beer Week. TBC
London March sports events
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women’s Eights Head of the River Race. 16 and 30 Mar
- Join the runners or watch from the sidelines as the London Landmarks Half Marathon winds its way through Westminster and the City of London. 24 Mar
Great places in Europe to Visit in March: Zermatt in Switzerland
If you’re not over the Winter cold yet, then Zermatt in Switzerland is a pretty good bet to find snow. One of the most famous resorts in Europe, the powder is usually good even until the end of April.
As most of Zermatt’s ski area lies above 2000 meters, there is no shortage of snow when it comes to spring skiing. The snow might be patchy in town. However, up the mountain, you’ll find something different. Fresh snow, untouched tracks, and plenty of fun are waiting to be discovered. In order to experience the full potential of the fresh snow, while still staying safe, hire a ski guide for some off-piste skiing.
Zermatt does not only appeal to those with an appetite for adventure, but it also has some wonderful activities for those less adventurous souls too. Winter wandering in Zermatt is considered to be among the most scenic in the region. A map of all the winter hikes can be found on the Zermatt tourism website. There is no need for a guide, as the trails are well marked, groomed, and safe.
Great places in Europe to Visit in March: Noordoostpolder, Holland
If you’ve visited the gardens in London to see the flowers, why not continue the trend? Catch a train to Holland! Holland’s annual tulip bloom is a phenomenon that attracts thousands of travelers each year. And for good reason! March is a great time to visit as you will be sure to miss the crowds. This does mean that the tulips themselves may not have appeared as yet. You can still enjoy a spectacular show of snow whites, daffodils, and gorgeous pink and violet hyacinth. The latter emerge right in the margin between March and April. Of course, weather conditions vary by year, so it’s best to consult the nation’s dedicated tulip website for weekly flower updates, which start in March.
Book your next train journey using Save a Train
Great places in Europe To Visit in March blog post, convinced you? Why not take 3 minutes and find a train ticket on www.saveatrain.com. Fill in the date and time that you would like to travel and we will provide you with the best price for your journey, and you can pay for your train journey in multiple ways.
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us a credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://embed.ly/code?url=https://www.saveatrain.com/blog/great-places-europe-march/ – (Scroll down a little to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages, in this link you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml – inside you have our links with /en/ but you can change it to /fr/ or /de/ or /it/ and more languages
Search hotels and more...
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Europe
- The Most Interesting Local Food To Try In Europe
- 5 Best Attractions For Kids In Europe
- Best Festivals In Europe And Where To Find Them
- Why Is The Channel Tunnel So Important For Europe?
- Best Hiking Start Points
- Best Museums In Europe And Where To Find Them?
- Best Rooftop Restaurants And Cafes In Europe
- The Most Beautiful Palaces In Europe
- Provence – What To See And How To Get There
- Business Travel by Train
- car travel tips
- Train finance
- train teens
- Train travel
- Train travel Austria
- Train travel Belgium
- Train travel Britain
- Train travel bulgaria
- Train travel Denmark
- Train travel Finland
- Train travel France
- Train travel Germany
- Train Travel Holland
- Train travel Hungary
- Train travel Italy
- Train travel Luxembourg
- Train travel Norway
- Train travel Portugal
- Train travel Scotland
- Train travel Spain
- Train travel Sweden
- Train travel Switzerland
- Train Travel The Netherlands
- train travel tips
- Train travel Turkey
- Train travel UK
- Travel Europe
- Yoga in Europe