5 Reasons To Explore Europe By Train In December
There’s something incredibly fulfilling about silently gazing out of a train window, don’t you think? So, forget about intimate security frisks, clear Ziplock bags for liquids, zero privacy and toilet-less busses. There’s no better way to explore Europe than by train in December. Here are our reasons why!
- This article was written to educate about Train Travel and was made by Save A Train, The Cheapest Train Tickets Website In The World.
1. Explore Europe by train in December and you will see – Fewer tourists
Many people flock to popular destinations during Summer when they want to explore Europe. However, the sunny weather does bring with it, people. Lots and lots of people! We love to explore Europe by train in December because there are simply fewer tourists. More scenery, tranquility, and space for you!
2. Explore Europe by train in the winter means – Cheaper rates
The reason why we have cheaper rates is simply that of reason 1! Fewer people equals cheaper everything! We’re talking cheaper hotels and rail tickets on the ground (though probably not around Christmas/New Year).
3. Markets and festivals
Check out our awesome post on The Best Winter Festivals in Europe if you’re wanting more info on our top picks. Street Markets, specifically are absolutely everywhere during December. In fact, it has been a December tradition since the 1400’s! Being on a train means flexibility, so should you decide that you simply must stay longer at one you find you really love, then you can! That’s the beauty of train travel. That’s why there’s no better way to explore Europe than by train in December.
If you’ve ever watched a Christmas film, there’s bound to be a magical picture painted of the atmosphere. Picture lightly falling snowflakes, kids throwing snowballs, Icicles, the muffled crunch of walking through thick snow. And of course, the lights and decorations! There are other places that rival the display you’ll find in most parts of Europe.
5. Explore Europe by train in December = Winter cuisine
What better way to explore different food countries have to offer? Explore Europe by train in December, and have the chance to visit multiple cities in one day. Check out a local market and bring some snacks back on the train! You could have breakfast, Lunch, and Supper in 3 different cities!
Tip: In Switzerland and parts of France, try raclette and fondue, both of which are based around warmed cheese. Germans like to break out the venison when it gets cold, and roasted chestnuts are a vendor staple at Christmas markets. Don’t forget to order a side of mulled wine!
Do you want to embed our blog post onto your site, you can either take our photos and text and just give us a credit with a link to this blog post, or you click here: https://iframely.com/embed/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saveatrain.com%2Fblog%2Fexplore-europe-train-december%2F – (Scroll down to see the Embed Code)
- If you want to be kind to your users, you can guide them directly into our search pages. In this link, you will find our most popular train routes – https://www.saveatrain.com/routes_sitemap.xml. Inside you have our links for English landing pages, but we also have https://www.saveatrain.com/de_routes_sitemap.xml and you can change the /de to /fr or /it and more languages.